CS Richmond Type III Rifle
It was produced using the machines and equipment transferred from the Harper’s Ferry arsenal, closed on April 18, 1861 to Richmond, the Confederate Capital. The Richmond State Armoury was founded and replacing the Virginia Manufactory Arms. This gun was one of the most popular during the American Civil War, it was manufactured basing on the US 1855 Model with the Maynard tape igniting system. Except for the lock’s profile, the brass butt plate and the stock nose cap, the gun’s look remember the Model US 1861, the corresponding infantry musket of the Northern troops, which is referable to the previous US 1855.
The gun is equipped with two sling swivels, one fit under the mid band and the other one fit in front of the trigger guard. The stock is made of walnut.